ISO 10004 provides guidance in defining and implementing processes to monitor and measure customer satisfaction.
ISO 10004:2012 is intended for use by organizations regardless of type, size or product provided. The focus of ISO 10004:2012 is on customers external to the organization.
This assists organizations to sustain and enhance customer satisfaction.
Customer satisfaction is determined by the gap between the customer’s expectations and the customer’s perception of the product as delivered by the organization.
ISO 10004 is intended for use by organizations regardless of type, size or product provided. It is relevant to any organization that wishes to exceed customer expectations.
Benefits of ISO 10004:2012
- Obtained information on new expectation
- Resolved complaints to the satisfaction of the complainant and the organization
- Identify trends and therewith eliminate causes of complaints
- Customer-focused approach to resolving complaints
- Basis for continual review and analysis of the complaints-handling process
- Encourage personnel to improve their skills in working with customers
Principle of ISO 10004:2012
- Concept of customer satisfaction, and guiding principles
- Planning for monitoring and measuring customer satisfaction
- Processes for monitoring and measuring customer satisfaction
- Maintenance and improvement of monitoring and measurement processes.