ISO 9001:2008 is the International Standard for Quality Management Systems (QMS). It provides organizations with a set of principles that ensures focused, informed, scientific and proven approach to the management of their business activities to consistently achieve customer satisfaction and continually improve operational effectiveness.
Every organization would like to improve the way it operates, whether for the purpose of increasing market share, driving down costs, managing risk more effectively or improving customer satisfaction. A Quality Management System provides the framework needed to monitor and improve performance in any chosen area.
ISO 9001 is by far the world’s most established quality framework, currently being used by around 897,000 organizations in 170 countries worldwide, and sets the standard not only for Quality Management Systems, but Management Systems in general. It helps all kinds of organizations to succeed through improved customer satisfaction, staff motivation and continual improvement.
Any organization can benefit from implementing ISO 9001 irrespective of the size and activity of operations. It can help both product and service organizations achieve standards of quality that are recognized and respected throughout the world.
Benefits of ISO 9001: 2008
- Competitive advantage
- Improvement in business performance
- Smaller margin for business risk
- Enhanced brand reputation and removes barriers to trade
- Monetary savings
- Streamlined operations and reduction of waste
- Improved internal communication and greater morale
- Increased customer satisfaction
Principles of ISO 9001: 2008
- Customer focused organization
- Involvement of people
- Warranted process approach
- Systematic approach to management
- Factual approach to decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relations
- Continuous improvement