OHSAS 18001 sets out the minimum requirements for occupational health and safety management best practice. Work with us to bring work health and safety (H&S;) into your business and you can achieve the maximum return for your employees, your operations and your customers.
BS OHSAS 18001 is a framework for an occupational health and safety (OHS) management system and is a part of the OHSAS 18000 (sometimes incorrectly identified as ISO 18000) series of standards, along with OHSAS 18002. It can help you put in place the policies, procedures and controls needed for your organization to achieve the best possible working conditions and workplace health and safety, aligned to internationally recognized best practice. It can be integrated with both ISO 9001 quality management systems and ISO 14001 environmental management systems, helping to reduce audit time. Wherever applicable, common sections of each standard will be audited only once, leaving you more time to focus on continual improvement of your systems.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001
- Improved reputation
- Increased opportunities for new business
- Minimized risks of downtime through accidents
- Demonstrated commitment to meet legal obligations
- Cost savings from public liability insurance premiums
- Maintained compliance to legal requirements
- Robust system to maintain and continually improve health and safety
Principles of OHSAS 18001
- Minimizing risks of production delays
- Safe environment to do business
- Demonstration of commitment to maintain an effective health and safety policy